The NHS is one of the most precious resources we have.
We're increasing NHS funding by £394 million a week in real terms by 2023/24.
OUR LONG-TERM PLAN FOR THE NHS.
- £20.5 billion a year, £394 million a week, extra in real terms by 2023/24.
- A ten year plan for world-class healthcare with more doctors and nurses.
- Delivering improved cancer survival rates and better mental health services.
- Ensuring every pound is spent wisely with reduced waste and inefficiency.
We need to adapt our NHS to our local needs and have a long term plan for health in Wirral West.
That's why we are making a start, delivering 18 million investment in the Urgent Treatment Centre.
The scheme will transform urgent care in Wirral and will include a redesign of the current Emergency Department. This is the biggest investment seen at Arrowe Park since the hospital was built almost 40 years ago.
But we are not stopping there we need to:
- Make sure residents that don't have cars have easy access to our hospital and those that do have easy free parking.
- Make sure our hospital has the latest life saving equipment.
- Make sure we live longer, healthier lives.
- Ensure great signposting to health options and who can help.
- Make sure our hospital is the best it can be now and for the future generations that will use it.