I've got a plan to make Wirral West an even better place to live, work and bring up our children. If you put your faith in me to represent you in Wirral West I will:
1) Stand up for Choice in Education:Parents deserve the choice of a good quality school. That’s why I’m campaigning for better facilities and more quality places for local children. I’ll stand up for parents and pupils at every school, including our grammar and independents, against Labour’s plan to scrap them.
2) Protecting our Green Belt:We need to protect our green belt. But the Council haven’t listened. That’s why I stood with residents against inappropriate developments in Pensby, Rigby Drive in Greasby and joined protesters at the town hall against the proposed Hoylake Golf Resort development.
3)Supporting Small Business:Our high streets are the heart of our communities. So I’m leading our shop local campaign to back businesses. I’ve already met with Barclays to secure the West Kirby branch. Now I’ll make sure we get the choice and services we need.
4) Securing investment in Arrowe Park Hospital: The NHS is getting record investment now. Locally we have seen £18million for urgent care at Arrowe Park. So I’ll continue to campaign to get extra funds spent on improving services. And campaign for fair parking at the hospital, with 200 extra spaces planned.
5) Getting Better Buses: We need better bus services. So I’ve been working with to improve public transport. Now I’ll demand action from Merseytravel to protect routes like the 81 service between West Kirby and Arrowe Park and the 22 to Chester, which are vital for residents.
6) More Police on our Street: The government are recruiting 20,000 more police officers. I want to hear from residents about where extra resources for Merseyside Police should be deployed. So we can tackle anti-social behaviour and cut crime in our communities. Not just in Liverpool.